Enter the total amount of water (cubic yards) and the total weight of cement used to calculate the water to cement ratio.
Water to Cement Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a water to cement ratio.
W:C = WV*1680.5/CW
- Where W:C is the water to cement ratio
- WV is the water volume used (yd^3)
- CW is the cement weight (lbs)
Water to Cement Ratio Definition
A water to cement ratio is defined as the total ratio of the weight of water to weight of cement used in a cement mix.
Water to Cement Ratio Example
How to calculate water to cement ratio?
- First, determine the volume of water.
Measure the total volume of water.
- Next, determine the weight of cement.
Measure the total weight of the cement used.
- Finally, calculate the ratio of water to cement.
Calculate the ratio using the equation above.
In most cases the water to cement ratio varies between .45 – .60 depending on the mix.