Enter the distance of an object and the height of an object. The calculator will evaluate and display the angle of elevation. This calculator assumes a flat distance and does not take into account the curve of the earth.
- Lead Angle Calculator
- DMS Calculator (Degrees, Minutes, Seconds)
- Reference Angle Calculator
- Angle of Depression Calculator
Angle of Elevation Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the angle of elevation of an object as seen by an observer.
AoE = atan(h/d)
- Where AoE is the angle of elevation
- h is the height
- d is the distance
It’s important to keep in mind that the height and distance units need to be the same.
Angle of Elevation Definition
An angle of elevation is a term used to describe the angle of an object with respect to the surface or ground.
Angle of Elevation Example
How to calculate angle of elevation?
- First, determine the height.
Measure the total height from the surface.
- Next, determine the distance.
Measure the total horizontal distance from the reference point.
- Finally, calculate the angle of elevation.
Calculate the angle of elevation using the formula above.
An angle of elevation is the angle of a slope as measure from the x-axis.