Enter the total distance (m) and the total number of laps into the Lap Distance Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Lap Distance.
- All Distance Calculators
- Average Lap Speed Calculator
- Reaction Distance Calculator
- Swim Distance Calculator
Lap Distance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Lap Distance.
Dlap = TD / L
- Where Dlap is the Lap Distance (m)
- TD is the total distance (m)
- L is the total number of laps
To calculate the lap distance, divide the total distance by the number of laps.
How to Calculate Lap Distance?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Lap Distance.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total distance (m).
- The total distance (m) is given as: 1500.
- Next, determine the total number of laps.
- The total number of laps is provided as: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Lap Distance using the equation above:
Dlap = TD / #L
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
Dlap = 1500 / 10 = 150 (m)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
total distance (m) = 1600
total number of laps = 20
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
Dlap = TD / #L = ?