Enter the wet weight and the weight after drying an object into the calculator to determine the moisture content. This calculator can also determine either the wet or dry weight given the other variables are known.
- Mass Percent Calculator
- Percent Abundance Calculator
- Wet Bulb Calculator
- Relative Humidity Calculator
- Water Saturation Calculator
- Anhydrous Basis Calculator
- Drying Rate Calculator
Moisture Content Formula
The following formula can be used to calculate moisture content.
MC = (w - d) / w * 100
- Where MC is the moisture content (%)
- w is the weight while wet
- d is the weight while dry
To calculate a percentage moisture content, subtract the dry weight from the wet weight, divide the result by the wet weight, then multiply by 100.
Moisture Content Definition
Moisture content is defined as the percentage of the weight of a saturated object that is associated with water.
Moisture Content Example
How to calculate moisture content?
- First, determine the weight of the object while wet.
Using a scale, we find the object to be 20g while wet.
- Next, determine the weight while dry.
After drying the object, we weigh it again and find that the weight is 10g.
- Finally, calculate the moisture content.
Using the formula we find the moisture content to be 50%.
Moisture content is a percentage of the total weight of an object that is due to moisture within the object.