Enter the total number of cubic yards and the density in tons per cubic yard to calculate the total tons.
- Specific Gravity to Density Calculator
- Scale Calculator
- Density to Mass Calculator
- Cubic Feet to Tons Calculator
- Gravel Cost Per Ton Calculator
- Cost Per 1000 Bricks Calculator
Yard to Tons Formula
The following formula is used to convert yards to tons.
T = CY * D
- Where T is the total tons
- CY is the cubic yards
- D is the density (1.4 tons / cubic yard for gravel)
Yards to Tons Definitoin
Yards to tons are used to define the conversion of the cubic yards or material to the tons of weight of the material using its density.
Yards to Tons Example
How to convert yards to tons?
- First, determine the total volume.
Calculate or measure the total cubic yards of material
- Next, determine the density.
Calculate the density of the material in tons per cubic yard.
- Finally, calculate the total number of tons.
Calculate the total weight using the equation above.
A ton is a unit of mass that is equal to 2,000 pounds of force.