Enter the total number of eggs laid and the cost of the chicken plus feed into the calculator to determine the cost per egg.
- Prime Rib Cost Per Pound Calculator
- Turkey Cost Per Pound Calculator
- Average Groceries Cost Per Month Calculator
- Cost Per Bushel of Corn Calculator
- Cost Per Jelly Bean Calculator
- Cookie Cost Calculator
Cost Per Egg Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Cost Per Egg.
CPE = TC / #E
- Where CPE is the cost per egg ($/egg)
- TC is the total cost (typically includes cost of chicken + feed)
- #E is the number of eggs laid over the chickens lifetime or defined period
To calculate the cost per egg, divide the total cost by the number of eggs.
What is a Cost Per Egg?
Cost per egg is a metric used to describe the cost for a chicken to produce one egg. In other words, taking into account the cost of the hen itself, and the cost of feed, how much does each egg cost.
How to Calculate Cost Per Egg?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate Cost Per Egg.
First, determine the total cost. For this example, over the lifetime of the hen, the cost is $1,000.00.
Next, determine the number of eggs laid. Over the life of the hen, 5,000 eggs were laid.
Finally, calculate the cost per egg using the formula above:
CPE = TC / #E
CPE = 1,000 / 5,000
CPE = $.20 /egg