Enter the voltage, current, efficiency, and rpm of an electric motor to determine the torque produced by the motor.
- All Torque Calculators
- Electrical Power Calculator
- HP to Torque Calculator
- Torque to Force Calculator
- Motor Load Calculator
- DC Motor Torque Calculator
- BLDC Motor Power Calculator
- PPR To RPM Calculator
- RPM to Torque Calculator
Electric Motor Torque Formula
The following formula is used to calculate an electric motor torque.
t = (I*V*E/100*60)/(rpm*2*pi)
- Where I is the current (amps)
- V is the voltage (volts)
- E is the efficiency of the motor (%)
- RPM is the rotations per minute
Electric Motor Torque Definition
Electric motor torque is the total torque generated by an electric motor given a current, voltage, efficiency, and RPM.
Electric Motor Torque Example
How to calculate an electric motor torque?
- First, determine the current.
Calculate the current delivered to the engine.
- Next, determine the voltage.
Calculate the voltage delivered to the motor.
- Next, determine the efficiency.
Measure the percentage of energy that goes to usable torque.
- Next, determine the RPM.
Measure the rotations per minute of the motor.
- Finally, calculate the torque.
Calculate the motor torque using the equation above.
An electric motor is a device that turns electricity into mechanical work.