Enter your weight on earth in either pounds or kilograms into the calculator to determine your weight on the moon.
- G Force Calculator
- Gravitational Force Calculator
- Specific Gravity Calculator
- Weight to Force Calculator
Moon Weight Formula
The following formula is used to calculate your equivalent weight on the moon.
MW = EW / 9.81 * 1.622
- Where MW is your moon weight
- and EW is your earth weight
These weight values can be entered as pounds, kilograms, or any other unit of weight.
Moon Weight Definition
Weight is defined as the force of gravity acting on an object of a certain mass. On the moon, this force is much less on earth due to the moon having a much smaller mass than earth.
Moon Weight Example
How to calculate a moon weight?
- First, determine your earth weight.
Using an accurate scale, measure your weight on earth.
- Next, determine your moon weight.
Using the formula above, calculate the amount of weight you would feel on the moon.
The gravity on the moon is about 16.5% of the strength on earth. In other words, you feel around 6 times light on the moon.