Enter the total volume of oil and the total volume of gas into the calculator to determine the oil to gas ratio.
- Mixing Ratio Calculator
- Compression Ratio to PSI Calculator
- Moisture Content Calculator
- Air to Fuel Ratio (AFR) Calculator
- Oil Spill Volume Calculator
Oil to Gas Ratio Calculator
The following equation is used to calculate an oil to gas ratio.
OGR = O / G
- Where OGR is the oil to gas ratio
- O is the oil volume
- G is the gas volume
To calculate the oil to gas ratio, divide the oil volume by the gas volume.
Oil to Gas Ratio Definition
An oil to gas ratio is defined as the total oil volume divided by the total gas volume. The gas volume is typically considered the total gasoline that could be extracted from that same volume of crude oil.
Oil to Gas Ratio Example
How to calculate an oil to gas ratio?
- First, determine the oil volume.
Calculate the total oil volume in the reservoir.
- Next, determine the total volume gas.
Calculate the total volume of gas that could be extracted from the oil.
- Finally, calculate the ratio.
Calculate the oil to gas ratio using the equation above.
A typical oil to gas ratio is around 10:1.