Enter the linear speed of material, width of the rolls, distance between rolls, and the specific gravity of the material into the calculator to determine the roll crusher capacity.
- Rollout Calculator
- Roll Length Calculator
- Outside Diameter of a Roll Calculator
- Plate Thickness Calculator
- Vibrating Screen Capacity Calculator
- Yarn Production Calculator
- Screw Conveyor Flow Rate Calculator
Roll Crusher Capacity Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Roll Crusher Capacity.
C = V*L*D*S*60
- Where C is the roll crusher capacity (tons/hr)
- V is the linear speed (meters/min)
- L is the width of the rolls (meters)
- D is the distance between rolls (meters)
- S is the specific gravity of the ore (tons/m^3)
What is a Roll Crusher Capacity?
A roll crusher capacity is a measure of the amount of weight per unit time that moves through a roll crusher during operation. The theoretical maximum capacity is calculated by the equation above, but typically there are a few inefficiencies in the system that cause the true number to be 10-30% less.
How to Calculate Roll Crusher Capacity?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate Roll Crusher Capacity.
First, determine the peripheral speed. In this case, the peripheral speed is measured to be 50 m/min.
Next, determine the width of the rolls. These rolls are measured to be 2 m wide.
Next, determine the distance between the rolls. The distance between rolls is calculated to be 3m.
Next, determine the specific gravity of the ore. This is 2.75 tons per cubic meter.
Finally, calculate the roll crusher capacity using the formula above:
C = V*L*D*S*60
C = 50*2*3*2.75*60
C = 49,500 tons per hour